A short handbook about making a progress report.
- Set an explicit start- & end-date of contributions you want to outline.
- Create a Trello board based off of the Progress Report Trello Template.
- Run the tool to generate Trello cards for every Content/Engine pull request. Note that Content PRs without changelogs will be skipped.
- Organize the cards into their columns as you see fit.
- Write descriptions for every card.
- Combine the card contents into a markdown file based off of the Progress Report Markdown Template, but be sure to update the PR number.
- Ask PJB for the Patrons list.
- Add the contributors list, see below.
- Replace/remove names as stated here.
- Put the markdown file into
website-content/content/post. Images go in a new
website-content/static/images/post/pr_[number]directory and videos go in a new
- Create PNGs and MP4s for every section that needs them.
- Run this script in the directory with all of the PNGs. Requires ImageMagick and optipng.
- Make a thumbnail (800x450) PNG and put it in
- Create a pull request on the website repo. Give everyone a chance to review it for a couple days, then merge at the same time as you release it.
- List of all contributors with the following command:
git shortlog -s -n --since=<start> --until=<end>.
git rev-list --count master --since=<start> --until=<end>.
- Website. Automatically published when the pull request to
- Steam (bug PJB or Smug).
- Patreon (bug PJB).
- Reddit (r/ss13, r/ss14, & r/linux_gaming).
- Twitter (bug PJB or Smug).