Time: 30 Dec 2023 18:00 UTC
- This is to avoid having to constantly fetch the prototypes whenever solutions are modified, which becomes important if we add more properties like boiling/freezing.
- Note that solutions already don’t support prototype reloading for things like heat capacities.
- When Electro (or smug) codes it
Discussions have gotten unquestionably worse and it makes me hate doing them ever. shit blows! poorly! low quality sloppy!
- Do we needback #bugs-feedback
- Low-entry cost leads to low interest and lack of investment in discussions
- Too fast-paced to actually manage any kind of sane discussion
- Derails hard and frequently turns into circular discussions
- Keeping balance issues / suggestions / feature requests in github issues
- People occasionally suggest controversial balance changes as github issues
- These issues fly under the radar until someone makes a PR pointing at some random github issue that no one has given a look at
- Getting reliable feedback
- Discussions devolve into pointless hearsay because we don’t have good sources of info
- Consider having some way for maints/admins/PMs to call upon the hordes to gather info in a timely manner
- Consider querying admins for relevant in-game observations on topic
- Can we get a private shared maint/admin channel i beg of you
- Organizing feedback
- Secondary forums channel for compiling feedback on topics
- Consider limiting to contributors or implement 30 second slowmode
- Actually implement some decently high standards of discussion so it isn’t just someone dropping in to say something sucks
- Half the time i pop in to check out a thread the criticism is so vague that it literally just amounts to “remove all the changes” and you literally can glean 0 info out of it
- Consider having some time limit on these so we can cut them off when they’re still useful and get info out of them
- Need a better way to get selective feedback (such as from admins)
- Round end survey
- Have GitHub issues only represent things we actively want
- Also check staff discord perms for #bugs-feedback
- When someone codes it
- Make it not a pain in the ass to use without code duplication (demonstrate how it would be used)
Mostly applies to MRP: players get upset when features designed for one mode aren’t made with considerations for another.
- Features are primarily designed for LRP and frequently have little consideration of Space Law
- Gamemodes rely on mechanics like murder to trigger early round ends
- Higher skill-level servers stomp some antags because the balancing occurs on servers with lower average skill
Content that has caused issues between LRP/MRP:
- Revs and when the round should end (all are executed vs continuing the round)
- nothing on this roadmap matters except early access trailer.
- A trailer for Steam
- ask enrico about the trailer
- game admin items
- dynamic c#16548
- Steam account linking
- The game runs like shit how do people play this
- “IDK but maybe when I fix the watchdog you can figure it out easier” | 09/09/2023
- “I only played VRChat since last time and VRChat runs like shit so I don’t know how people play this” | 23/09/2023
- “” | 21/10/2023
- Miros runs fine | 16/12/2023
- I am 5 parallel universes ahead of you
- We have a new Minecraft server it runs fine now (SS14 runs fine, really)
Crashes / Critical bugs: (when are we moving these to GitHub)
- Crashes the server reliably.
- Something that bricks your client often (needs a client restart).
- Example: Blackscreens the client until you reconnect.
- If something ruins the round and is disabled because of it.
- Example: Communal lung bug.
=> till next time
like and subscribe
smash that button
did you know only 6% of contribs join this meeting?According to YouTube’s statistics,
- Example: Communal lung bug. => till next time like and subscribe smash that button
- Audio rework DONE NO WAY
- Fix infra
- Watchdog rework: testmerges, better way to get traces from game servers
- Fix perf oh god